User Experience Lead – Emerson
June 2015 – Present
- Establish a User Experience practice within Emerson. Recruit, hire, manage, and coach User Experience researchers, architects, interaction designers, and interface designers.
- Design, develop, test, and iterate hardware and software for Sensi, the number-one rated Wi-Fi Thermostat on Amazon.com and winner of the 2016 J.D. Power Smart Thermostat Satisfaction Report. Work included experience design, software design for web, iOS, & Android platforms, and business model discovery for light commercial use.
- Lead efforts to drive User Experience disciplines to all corners of Emerson’s Residential Retail division.
- Perform user research and experience design for Thermostat Wizard, an online, mobile-responsive website to assist homeowners with installation and scheduling of thermostats purchased from Amazon.com, Lowe’s, Home Depot, and Ace Hardware.
UI Design Lead – Monsanto
October 2013 – June 2015
- Build a UI Design and UI Development practice from scratch, establish engagement guidelines for embedding UI Designers & Developers onto scrum teams and collaborations with UX Architects, onboard new employees, and coach for success/mentor as needed.
- Manage a team of user interface designers and front-end developers for iOS and web applications.
- Lead efforts to define branding, design standards, and overall design language for use in all R&D I.T. applications.
- Lead mobile-first design efforts for Velocity, R&D I.T.’s next-generation product pipeline portal.
- Lead digital post-launch communication efforts with R&D’s Launch and Support teams through the creation and branding of e-mail marketing templates through a user-centered lens.
UI Designer – Monsanto
January 2013 – October 2013
- Designed and assisted in the development of a big data marketplace. Effort included contextual inquiry, requirements gathering, wireframing, prototyping and creating production assets.
- Created early-stage prototypes for Velocity, R&D I.T.’s next-generation product pipeline portal, and presented conceptual designs to R&D I.T.’s Architecture Leadership Team to secure buy-in and funding.
- Designed and provided interaction design guidance for several iOS applications, including a townhall iPad application used by the Breeding organization for an on-site meeting and a Vegetable Analytics application for in-field use.
- Led user-centered design efforts around Spark: a web-based Peer-to-Peer employee recognition tool for TPS.
Sr. UX Designer – World Wide Technology/Asynchrony
December 2011 – January 2013
- Collaborated with developer scrum team to design and deliver a metrics-heavy reporting web application for Bridgewater and Associates’ internal use.
- Supported internal, enterprise-grade iOS application suite with complete UX treatment, including requirements gathering, ethnographic research, persona development, wireframing, prototyping, and production support of assets and screens.
- UX Design and Development of an app store submission portal for the United States Army (U.S. Army Marketplace).
- Led responsive website design products for clients such as Sotheby’s International Realty and Airborne Systems.
UX Designer – Sigma-Aldrich
June 2008 – December 2011
- Managed chemical synthesis and life science business unit web pages and online marketing vehicles with average transactions of $2.1M/day.
- Developed and iterated on a user-centered front-end design for custom product configurator application with new revenue impacts of $5.2M/year.
- Developed wireframes and iterated on production design elements for five iOS Applications (iPad: Aldrich Handbook, PubGet; iPhone/iPod Touch: Molarity, ConvertUnits, LabTimers).
Designer – Hunter Engineering
June 2006 – June 2008
- Designed and developed internal and external websites, which corresponded to various print, direct mail and product literature pieces.
- Coordinated production art, photography and web publishing schedules with product managers, graphic artists and Directors of Marketing and Advertising.
- Established best practices and style guidelines for web publishing as it related to core business segments.